Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Installing plugins in CS5 32-bit & 64-bit

Both versions of Photoshop CS5 are installed on my computer. When I install Noiseware and Portraiture in the 64-bit version, both show in the filter menu; I activated the license with no problem.

When I install the plugins in the 32-bit version, they also show up and work fine. But the installation in the 64-bit version disappears. The plugins no longer show in the filter menu.

Is it possible to install in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of CS5 on the same computer? If so, how?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Staff

It is and if you follow the install directions here:
http://www.imagenomic.com/cs5.aspx
and be sure to add the 32 and 64bit hosts plus tell the installer which is 64 and which is 32bit then it should work. There will be a noiseware64.8bf file in the 64bit plug-ins Imagenomic folder and a noiseware.8bf in the 32 bit plug-ins Imagenomic folder. If the 64 bit version of NW isn't there, it won't work and you didn't tell the installer that it was a 64bit host.
Regards,
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peano View Post
Both versions of Photoshop CS5 are installed on my computer. When I install Noiseware and Portraiture in the 64-bit version, both show in the filter menu; I activated the license with no problem.

When I install the plugins in the 32-bit version, they also show up and work fine. But the installation in the 64-bit version disappears. The plugins no longer show in the filter menu.

Is it possible to install in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of CS5 on the same computer? If so, how?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Thanks very much.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM

Oops, those instructions still don't work for me.

When installing in the 64-bit version, I specify the path under "Program Files" to the CS5-64-bit Plugins folder. When the installer asks if this is a 64-bit host, I click Yes. The installation works. Noiseware appears in the filter menu of the 64-bit version of PS.

Next I install the same plugin in the 32-bit version, specifying the path under "Programs Files (x86)" to the CS5 32-bit Plugins folder. When it asks if this is a 64-bit host, I click No. That installation also works. The Noiseware filter appears in the filter menu.

But when I launch the 64-bit version again, Noiseware is no longer in the filter menu.

In short, the installation "takes" fine on one version or the other of PS, but not both.

Not a big deal for me; I'll just leave it installed on the 64-bit version, which is where I'll be working most of the time. But there does seem to be a glitch in the installer somewhere or other.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Staff

Probably because you're running the installer a second time which simply overwrites the previous install info. You need to follow the Noiseware Plug-in Hosts Setup that is explained in the referenced link. Added below as well.

George

If you have already installed an Imagenomic plug-in on your computer, and want to add them to another host program, please go to Start menu > Programs > Imagenomic > Noiseware Plug-in, and click on the "Noiseware Plug-in Hosts Setup"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peano View Post
Oops, those instructions still don't work for me.

When installing in the 64-bit version, I specify the path under "Program Files" to the CS5-64-bit Plugins folder. When the installer asks if this is a 64-bit host, I click Yes. The installation works. Noiseware appears in the filter menu of the 64-bit version of PS.

Next I install the same plugin in the 32-bit version, specifying the path under "Programs Files (x86)" to the CS5 32-bit Plugins folder. When it asks if this is a 64-bit host, I click No. That installation also works. The Noiseware filter appears in the filter menu.

But when I launch the 64-bit version again, Noiseware is no longer in the filter menu.

In short, the installation "takes" fine on one version or the other of PS, but not both.

Not a big deal for me; I'll just leave it installed on the 64-bit version, which is where I'll be working most of the time. But there does seem to be a glitch in the installer somewhere or other.