Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Unhappy Noiseware continually crashes PS (PC)

I saw your post response to someone who had problems with Noiseware crashing Photoshop 5 on a MAC, but I'm having the same problem with my PC. This is CRAZY frustrating.

Here's the answers to the relevant questions in your sticky:
OS - Windows 7, 32 bit
Memory - 3.50 GB
CPU - Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Photoshop CS5
Noiseware v. Noiseware Professional Plug-in 4.2 (build 4205)
Camera models - Canon 5D, Canon 20D, Fuji S3
RAW or JPG - Jpg
Raw Converter - Adobe CameraRAW
8 or 16 bit - 8 bit
image size - 4256x2848/72 ppi
Working Color Space - RGB (sRGB)
Old 04-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Eric Neilsen

ntarver99

Welcome to the forum. Typically issues with NW crashing PS are related to over taxing your system memory. Your PS CS5 preferences need to be looked at and adjusted. Reset your memory to 50%, reduce your history states to 20, and uncheck Export Clipboard. Also move your scratch to another drive other than your main HD if possible.

NW is memory intensive so if you are handicapping the system by running too much stuff which might include email program, web browser, business software, etc you can have issues.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Thanks so much for your response. I went and checked all those settings and this is what I found. My memory usage is at 79%, my history states are already 20, I've already had the export clipboard unchecked and the HD has more free space on it than our other drive, so that's where my scratch disk is located.

We don't have any email programs installed on that machine, it's strictly the Photoshop and InDesign computer. We typically only have Photoshop and Bridge running, possibly one webpage open when this happens. We'll try batching without having the Bridge open and see if that has any effect.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advice? Both my Noiseware and Portraiture have stopped working.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntarver99 View Post
Thanks so much for your response. I went and checked all those settings and this is what I found. My memory usage is at 79%, my history states are already 20, I've already had the export clipboard unchecked and the HD has more free space on it than our other drive, so that's where my scratch disk is located.

We don't have any email programs installed on that machine, it's strictly the Photoshop and InDesign computer. We typically only have Photoshop and Bridge running, possibly one webpage open when this happens. We'll try batching without having the Bridge open and see if that has any effect.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advice? Both my Noiseware and Portraiture have stopped working.
79% is way to high for a 32 bit system so set your memory usage to 50% and set image interpolation to Bicubic Smoother and that should clear you up. If it doesn't, then either your swap drive and/or your memory is flaky or you have something running in background hogging memory I/O routines.
Regards,
George